How it Works
i-Guard incorporates a RFID transponder chip into either a standard key or a molded FOB depending on your application. When either the key or the FOB is inserted the transponder chip is read and it must match the electronic code known by the engine module. If the incorrect code is read the engine will not start.
- Turn ignition on or insert FOB and push start button
- Vehicle requests authorization via CAN bus
- System module looks for transponder
- Transponder responds with correct code
- System verifies transponder code
- System communicates back to vehicle module that it is authorized